Taking Advantage of Your PPO Dental Insurance PlanNovember 21, 2017
Choosing the Right Dental Products for YouDecember 27, 2017
Brushing your teeth is the single-most important dental hygiene habit that you can do but don’t let this work go to waste. Use our tips below to make sure you are making the most of the time and effort you put into brushing by brushing with the most effective techniques.
- Brush twice a day with a soft-bristled toothbrush. Using a hard-bristled brush could cause more harm than good.
- Be sure that your toothbrush is an appropriate size and shape for your mouth so that it can fit in and move around your mouth comfortably.
- Only use kinds of toothpaste recommended by the American Dental Association.
- Replace your toothbrush every three months or when it begins to get worn-down. Be sure to also change your toothbrush after you’ve been sick, as germs and linger and come back to harm you.
Best Brushing Techniques
- Brush your teeth while pointing your brush at a 45-degree angle to your gums.
- Use a pressure that feels comfortable to you. You should be using a medium-amount of pressure as to not cause bleeding gums.
- Use a gentle yet effective pressure to brush back and forth strokes, focusing on individual teeth rather than wide brush strokes aimed to cover several teeth at once.
- Reach all surfaces of your teeth including the outer and inner sides as well as the chewing surfaces to be sure you rid of food residue.
- Use a circular motion for an even more focused brush on each tooth.
- Brush your tongue for about ten seconds for better, fresh breath.
All Pro Dental in Revere, MA is dedicated to helping our patients improve their oral health both in our office and at home. Contact us today to make an appointment and check out our other blog posts for more dental tips!