Tooth Extraction Services in Greater Boston
When Do Teeth Need To Be Extracted?
At All Pro Dental, we offer our patients a more conservative dentistry approach when it comes to dental services. The first line of defense is preventative dentistry, which includes dental sealants, and proper oral hygiene habits such as proper brushing and flossing. The second option is to conserve as much of the tooth as possible while still maintaining it’s form and function. These conservative dentistry services include fillings, root canals, and dental crowns.
Unfortunately, not all teeth can be saved. In order to protect your jaw bone, gums, and surrounding teeth, we may recommend your tooth be extracted. After you have an initial consultation with our dentist in Revere, you will have the option to have your tooth extracted.
What Happens During Tooth Extraction?
When it comes to painless tooth removal, you’ve come to the right place. All Pro Dental’s knowledgeable and friendly staff will help ensure that you feel comfortable throughout the procedure and we are more than happy to answer any questions you might have before or after your appointment. During your appointment, you can expect the following:
A local anesthetic will be injected into the gum area surrounding the tooth. There may be some slight discomfort at first, but rest assured you won’t feel a thing. Our dentist will check to ensure the anesthetic is working before proceeding.
Keep in mind that tooth removal is always the last resort, but can significantly improve your comfort in the long run. Having a decayed tooth removed will ultimately improve your oral health. Our dental office in Revere can also recommend cosmetic options to help you improve your smile after your tooth extraction.
Don’t hesitate to contact our dentist today to learn more about our procedure process and if tooth extraction is right for you.
How Can I Prevent Dental Extractions?
As mentioned above, we try to prevent dental extractions, and only recommend an extraction if it is the best solution for our patient. One of the main reasons a dental extraction will be recommended is because of serious dental decay. For example, if bacteria in your mouth creates an infection that spreads deep into the tooth, a dental filling or a root canal might no longer be possible. So the best ways to prevent the need of dental extractions are to practice good oral health including:
- Visiting the Dentist: Visiting the dentist twice each year is recommended nationwide. That is because this decreases the potential for tooth decay to spread unnoticed by ensuring that you never go more than 6 months without an exam.
- Brushing & Flossing: It cannot be overstated out important brushing at least twice per day and flossing at least once per day is. The longer bacteria and plaque can sit in your mouth the more damage can be done.
- Making Dental Appointments When Needed: At the first sign of a dental issues you should schedule a dental appointment. Waiting for your routine dental appointment is never advised if you have a toothache or another severe dental issue. A quick dental appointment is always the best solution.
Family Dental Services in Revere Massachusetts
Our team provides a variety of preventative and restorative dental procedures at our practice. Generally speaking it is always our goal to aid with dental prevention so that restorative procedures aren’t necessary. Procedures like cleanings, exams, x-rays, and sealants are all part of protecting your teeth so that cavities, gum disease, and root canals aren’t needed. But when decay causes issues, we provide a variety of dental services that can protect your teeth from additional damage. For example, a filling is used when the decayed section of a tooth is removed and then filled in.
Additionally, we provide some cosmetic/orthodontic treatments including both clear aligners & teeth whitening services in office. If you are interested in either of these services please let us know. We would be happy to discuss dental procedures with you, and help you get scheduled at our Revere location.
Why Choose All Pro Dental in Revere?
At All Pro Dental, it is our goal to provide a safe and educational place for children of all ages. As we mentioned above there are a few important benefits to seeing a dentist twice a year including: exams, preventative care, & education:
- Exams: A dental exam goes a long way in protecting your teeth. Dental decay and gum disease progress over time. Catching things early is the difference between reversible dental decay & a cavity that will need a filling. By going to a dentist twice a year you are never giving bacteria more than 6 months to progress without an exam.
- Preventative Care: Brushing & flossing are two of the best ways to protect your teeth. But a dentist can provide a lot of additional help. Fluoride treatments, dental sealants, and professional cleanings can increase your teeth and gums defenses against bacteria.
- Education: One of the best benefits for kids to see a dentist is to learn more about the importance of taking care of their teeth, and how to do it.
What People Say About All Pro Dental
Learn More About Oral Health In Our Articles
Dental Exam & Cleaning
Each dental exam will asses your oral health and provide you with a thorough cleaning for an even better smile!
We’re able to diagnose and treat cavities quickly and with a range of options.
Our professionals are trained to take the utmost care of our most precious patients.
Gum Disease Treatment
When gum disease occurs, we work tirelessly alongside our patients to fight it.